RE: FW: st: unable to install patches

From   "Mark Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: FW: st: unable to install patches
Date   Fri, 28 May 2004 11:52:38 +0100

John,

From:           	"Moran, John (NWAHS)" <[email protected]>
To:             	"'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
Subject:        	RE: FW: st: unable to install patches
Date sent:      	Fri, 28 May 2004 09:28:00 +0930
Send reply to:  	[email protected]

> I am interested in the inability to execute the "right-click-and-save-as"
> option; as from my previous post, that is what I have to do all the time due
> to the #$%^*&#@ firewall.
>
> I am using bog-standard Internet Explorer (V6) without any problems  with
> the "right-click-and-save-as" option. Is this a function of browsers or
> what?

This is at least partly a RePEc and not an IE6 issue.  I also use IE6
and the "right-click-and-save-as" option works in most circumstances,
but not from the RePEc download pages.  To download from RePEc you
tick the file you want and then click the "download" button - the
right-click option doesn't work.  If the file is a .hlp file, IE6
will ask whether to save or open, but if it's an .ado, it recognises
that the file is text and opens it in the browser window.