RE: st: unable to install patches

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: unable to install patches
Date   Thu, 27 May 2004 17:09:08 +0100

I agree. Basically Notepad is a minimal editor and
it doesn't surprise that somehow or other the
files got messed up. What's more, if you have
this kind of problem, it is going to bite you
again.

Even for Windows there are free text editors which should
cope much better. One rather Windowsy one is
Notetab Light from http://www.notetab.com

Mark Schaffer

> I recommend trying a direct download from RePEc, e.g., for ivreg2:
>
> http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s425401.html
>
> and use the download buttons.  I have a feeling it might be the pass
> through the browser and notepad that is messing up the contents of
> the files.

Jeffrey Jacob