st: RE: unable to install patches

From   "Moran, John (NWAHS)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: unable to install patches
Date   Thu, 27 May 2004 09:31:49 +0930

I have this firewall problem all the time: for me, the simplest solution (I
use Windows, IE) is to go to the page where the user written ado / help
files are; right click on the file, chose "save target as" and then:
(i) for ado files, in the "save as type" box, choose "All files" and I then
add manually the .ado extension in the "File type" box
(ii) for help files, they usually look after themselves with regard to the
extension (occasionally I have to use a text file editor when the lines run
into each other)
(iii) choose the appropriate directory

For contributions with multiple files it is a tad long-winded,
but...................................

[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob, Jeffry Ankur [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, 27 May 2004 6:34 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: unable to install patches

Hi all,
I am unable to access the internet through STATA because of firewall  ( the
settings can not be altered). I downloaded ivreg2.ado in the C:\ado folder
(which is in adopath) and manually saved it as an .ado file using notepad.
However when I try to call it, I get an error message "unrecognozed
command". I am having the same difficulty with outreg and xtabond2.
Can anyone please tell me how I can install these and other user written
codes without having to type
. ssc install ivreg2 in STATA.
Thanks in advance,
Jeffry Jacob