st: RE: possible to create a graph with only text in it?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: possible to create a graph with only text in it?
Date   Wed, 26 May 2004 14:37:25 +0100

Yes, there is. Here is a minimal example. Feed it
a variable and values will go on horizontal lines
spaced from top to bottom. Some tuning with
marker_label_options will normally be essential,
but at the same time may be more than enough
to produce simple labels.

program justtext
	version 8
	syntax varname [if] [in] [, * ]
	marksample touse, strok
	tempvar y x
	gen `y' = _n
	gen `x' = 1
	twoway scatter `y' `x' if `touse', ms(none) mlabel(`varlist') ///
	plotregion(style(none)) ysc(reverse off) xsc(off) legend(off) ///
	`options'
end