Re: st: STPIECE

From   Elizabeth Boyle <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: STPIECE
Date   Mon, 24 May 2004 15:17:40 -0400

Thanks Muchly...

>>> [email protected] 05/24/04 1:55 PM >>>
stpiece is designed to estimate a piecewise constant model for specified
intervals of the time at risk - or "analysis time" as Stata calls it -- in
other words the time variable you specify with stset, including any origin
time declarations etc.  If your analysis time is AGE, then you just need to
stset with that and run stpiece.

If you want to include age as an additional covariate (but not as a measure
of time at risk) in a piecewise fashion (i.e., with dummies for intervals),
look at stsplit, which will split the spells at the right points.  You can
then create the dummies and run stpiece.

Hope this helps.

//Jesper

At 01:38 PM 5/24/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>I want to run a piecewise exponential and I am not sure how to STSET the
>data set before running STPIECE.  How do I let the program know which
>variable I want to base the time pieces on?
>
>When I run STREG I do the following: stset timevar (timetrend),
>failure(death) id(companyid).
>
>I want to use another variable AGE on which to define the time
>pieces...Can I do that? and if so How?
>
>Thanks Muchly,
>
>Elizabeth Boyle
>Hofstra University
>

>*
>*   For searches and help try:
>*   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html

Jesper B. S�rensen
Richard S. Leghorn (1939) Associate Professor of Strategic Management
Sloan School of Management
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
E52-581
Cambridge, MA 02142