RE: st: Questions on Merging Two Data sets(Individual and Household data)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Questions on Merging Two Data sets(Individual and Household data)
Date   Sun, 23 May 2004 18:14:37 +0100

You don't _have to_ do it this way.
Suppose that household data are repeated across
individuals in each household. Then you can
tag just one observation for each household
with e.g.

. egen hh = tag(hhid)

and thereafter work

. ... if tag