Re: st: -predict- in a system of equations

Subject   Re: st: -predict- in a system of equations
Date   Fri, 21 May 2004 19:14:22 -0400

I'm not exactly sure what you are doing or why -predict- won't work in you
situation, but if you want to "save" e(b) just use a matrix function:

mat mybeta=e(b)

if you want to save lots of them and have them disappear when your done, you
could use tempnames:

tempname beta
mat `beta'=e(b)

(the assignment could be stuffed in a loop)

You can use these matrices on a new set of data to generate predictions (at
least, xb) using matrix score:

matrix score newpredict=`beta'

which will create newpredict equal to xb  using the e(b) matrix from
efore.  -matrix score- even allows an equation() option to specify which
equation's beta to use in multi-equation models (which it seems you have).
I hope this can get you started in the right direction if simpler approaches
can't be found...

Michael Blasnik
[email protected]