st: limits on stsplit

From   "Nick Shryane" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: limits on stsplit
Date   Thu, 20 May 2004 18:26:27 +0100

Hello,

When I try to stsplit my data I keep getting the error message
"too many values". The dataset consists of 10 variables with
13,360 non-missing observations (14,616 obs in total). When I
stset I'm informed that I have 24,100 total "at risk" times.

I'm running Intercooled Stata 8.2 on a Windows XP professional
PC with plenty of memory allocated to Stata (over 1G free with
the data loaded).

By incrementally cropping observations I can get the data to
stsplit properly when the observations drop below about 8,000.

Does anyone know of any way I can get Stata to stsplit the
full data set? (Or how to do it in stages?)

Thanks very much for your help,

Nick

--------
[email protected]