st: RE: Random number seed

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Random number seed
Date   Thu, 20 May 2004 15:24:04 +0100

Your premise is false. Just because
the seed remains the same does not
imply identical samples (of a given size).
Conversely, explicitly setting the seed to the
same number as before the last
call does ensure an identical sample.

However, you can indeed change the seed easily.

. search seed

points to ways of doing this.

More generally, there is a great
deal of help on-line, which will