st: RE: identifying nonnumeric values in a variable

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: identifying nonnumeric values in a variable
Date   Wed, 19 May 2004 10:48:12 -0500

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

I think what you have is a string variable;
_all_ its values to Stata are string, but some have a
simple numeric interpretation. Try

. list varx if missing(real(varx))