Re: st: Tiny wish for pull down menu File Filename

From   Ron�n Conroy <[email protected]>
To   "statalist hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Tiny wish for pull down menu File Filename
Date   Wed, 19 May 2004 10:39:29 +0100

on 18/05/2004 18:26, Renzo Comolli at [email protected] wrote:

> 2. When you click on File Filename the dialogue box has a pull-down menu
> called File name (sorry names are confusing, but that's their name), that
> pull-down menu would be useful to find quickly recently-viewed files. In
> reality, Windows XP paths are very long and that pull down menu manages to
> show only the beginning of each path, so there is hardly any way to
> distinguish among the files available for quick access. I suggest that this
> feature is somehow improved so that the pull-down menu becomes useful.

There's a very very useful application for Mac called 'default folder' which
allows rapid navigation to recent files and folder, as you describe. I have
the feeling that there is a similar utility for PC. For someone doing a lot
of consulting, and therefore having zillions of folders, something like this
is a real boon.

That said, an 'open recent' item in the file menu would be really handy too.

Ronan M Conroy ([email protected])
Lecturer in Biostatistics
Royal College of Surgeons
Dublin 2, Ireland