[no subject]

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Date   Tue, 18 May 2004 16:02:40 -0400

Hi,

Hoping someone can help with the following problem:
Followed these directions to get my data into Stata
1. How do I get information from Excel into Stata?
Using your Windows or Macintosh computer,
Start Excel.
Enter data in rows and columns OR read in a previously-saved file.
Highlight the data of interest, then pull down Edit and choose
Copy.
Start Stata and enter the data editor (type edit once Stata is
running).
Paste data into editor by pulling down Edit and choosing Paste

Minor problem that saving is not an option from the pull-down
menu, so I clicked on the disk.

Now here is the real problem:
 . edit
 (32 vars, 50 obs pasted into editor)
 - preserve

 . save "C:\Documents and Settings\Cheryl Spinner\Cheryl Spinner\My
 Documents\Columbia\Thesis\usnwr3.dta"
file C:\Documents and Settings\Cheryl Spinner\Cheryl Spinner\My
Documents\Columbia\Thesis\usnwr3.dta saved
 . reg overallscore endowment
 no observations
 r(2000);

If 50 obs are pasted in, how come there are no observations?
All my data except for headers are numeric values.

What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do?

Thank you,
cheryl