st: Please help!

From   Lisa Sharwood <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Please help!
Date   Tue, 11 May 2004 16:38:03 +1000

Hello and thank you for attending to my enquiry!!
I am a very new Stata user and plowing through the user guide and reference manuals to try and perform a calculation.... and I need help please!

I have two variables for which I have converted the list of dates into real elapsed dates. I want to subtract one from the other and thus generate a new variable with that figure.. which will give me the amount of time the person has stayed in the study. I have managed to
'compare' the two variables but only in one observation at a time. Could you please tell me how to do it for all the observations, and can I use 'in 108/215' for example.
I hope this is understandable and I hope to hear from you soon. My ultimate aim is to perform Kaplan Mieir survival analysis on the data.

Thank you

Lisa Sharwood
Research Officer
Neurosciences Institute, Austin Health