st: colors in boxplots

From   Donald Spady <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: colors in boxplots
Date   Fri, 07 May 2004 12:50:36 -0600

Dear Statalisters

I want to create a graph consisting of 5 sets of boxplots, with each set containing 3 boxplots. I can do this but I want to differentiate each of the 3 boxplots within a set. I want to have different colors (preferably hatching and stuff but that is not possible at present I guess) so that they will stand out as separate in a black and white image. My commands are below, but when I put in the commands for the boxplot color etc, it only uses the first one, in this case box(1, bfcolor(ltbluishgray). All the boxes are this color. Is there any way to have different colors.

Many thanks in advance.

graph box eia, medtype(line) over(vacgroup, axis(off)) over(time) box(1, bfcolor(ltbluishgray) blcolor(black)) box(2, bfcolor(ltbluishgray) blcolor(black)) box(3, bfcolor(white) blcolor(black)) ytitle(EIA, size(medium)) title(Time, position(6))

Don Spady

Donald Spady

Department of Pediatrics
2C3.92 WMC, University of Alberta