st: RE: Venn diagram

From   "James Xiao" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Venn diagram
Date   Thu, 6 May 2004 17:54:35 -0400

With the help from Dan, finally I got the venn diagram that I want.
Thanks a lot, Dan!!!

Acctually, I tried venndiag(v 2.12 and v2.13) and some suggestions from
you nice guys many times, only modified v2.11 venndiag works fine with
all three options, square, circle and ellipse.

Thanks again!

James

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Daniel
Chandler
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 5:44 PM
To: StataList
Subject: st: Venn diagram

The issue is getting venndiag to work with version 8.2 of Stata.

It may be that there is another problem is in the updated version of
venndiag that James downloaded from ssc (version 2.13). The version that
I updated by following the tech support instructions below is 2.11. I
sent my modified venndiag.ado to James and he reported that it does work
for circle, ellipse and square.

STATA TECH SUGGESTED: The problem has to do with the appearance of
-clear- commands between the graphs.  If you want, you can make the
following changes to your venndiag.ado file in order to make it run in
Stata 8: change line 1144 (the ninth-to-last line) from -clear- to -drop
_all-

So if others need venndiag it seems worth trying the modification of
version 2.11, as suggested.
Dan

*******
Dan Chandler