st: plotregion(fcolor(gs13)) - changes inner plot region, not outer

From   "Mitchell, Michael" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: plotregion(fcolor(gs13)) - changes inner plot region, not outer
Date   Sun, 2 May 2004 17:46:43 -0700

Greetings
  I think that to differentiate the inner plot region from the outer plot region, you may need to specify both "fcolor" and "icolor", for example

. graph bar (mean) tempjuly tempjan, over(region) plotregion(fcolor(red) icolor(green))

When I run this, the (inner) plot region is green with a red frame around it (the outer plot region).  However, if I remove "icolor", e.g.

. graph bar (mean) tempjuly tempjan, over(region) plotregion(fcolor(red))

Then the entire plot region (inner and outer) is red.  Checking with "scatter" I observed the same behavior.  Also, since I believe there have been updates in this behavior since Version 8.0, not having run an "update all" recently could lead to different results.

Hope this helps,

Michael Mitchell