st: Parse multiple test equalities

From   "Jun Xu" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Parse multiple test equalities
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:43:11 -0600

Stata listers:

I am trying to write a test command like:

mytest a=1 b=2 [if] [in], options // something like that

I checked out the syntax for "syntax", but could not find any template for the command above. Do I have to first parse a=1 b=2 by using somthing like

syntax anything [if] [in]

and then use either tokenize or gettoken to parse or is ther an easy way out? I would like easiy get locals containing a, 1, b, 2.

Thanks a lot.

Jun Xu
Department of Sociology
Indiana University at Bloomington