Re: st: variables and review windows

From   "Eric Uslaner" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: variables and review windows
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:20:45 -0500

Xavi Barber wrote:

Dear statalsiters:

 I surprised, today when I run Stata 8, the variables & review window
don't
appear.

 I have moved up, down, left... but i don't show the windows

And Nick Cox replied:

Open them using the Windows menu. Or go to Prefs and
click on Default Windowing.

I recently had the same problem--but going to preferences or the
Windows didn't help. and the folks at Stata worked with me twice.
First, they walked me through a regedit, which temporarily restored the
Windows.  Then we discussed this when the problem arose once more--and
the solution was to reinstall Stata.  A bit time consuming waiting for
all of the updates to load--but it has generally worked (once the
windows were whited out again, but this has not reoccurred).

Ric Uslaner
Department of Government and Politics
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742