st: xtabond command

From   Kate Ivanova <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: xtabond command
Date   Tue, 30 Mar 2004 01:11:19 -0800

I am trying to use the xtabond command but am puzzled whether the estimator that Stata produces is designed for fixed or random effects?

Also, I do not understand whether the xtabond command automatically first differences all the variables in the model or whether I have to do that separately before I use the command?

I would appreciate any help with that.