st: I gather the graphics commands book is way out of conformity

From   Jon Ebeling <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: I gather the graphics commands book is way out of conformity
Date   Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:14:45 -0800

I've tried several items from these pages of the graphics command book, from pages 379 - 381 and I will proceed to show you the problems:

Here is the one that works

. line le_m le_f year, legend(pos(5))

Then i make an adjustment and add:

. line le_m le_f year, legend(pos(5)) ring(0) legend(col(1))
option ring() not allowed
invalid syntax

Then I add the following:

This command and options statement is from page 381 in the graphics text

. line le_m le_f year, legend(pos(5)) ring(0) col(1) lab(1 "Males") lab(2 "Females") region(fcolor(gs15)
> ))
option ring() not allowed
invalid syntax
r(198);

While I update my version of stata8 all the time, I'm wondering if I have missed something. This seems quite odd to me since this material comes right out of the text that is shipped with STATA8.

I would appreciate a response to this second problem I'm posting.

Jon Ebeling

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/