st: Stata 5 version of -somersd- on my website

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata 5 version of -somersd- on my website
Date   Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:02:13 +0000

Hello All

Just in case there are still any Stata 5 users out there, I have now placed on my website the old Stata 5 version of the -somersd- package. The Stata 6 version of -somersd- (the latest) is of course still available, both on my website and on SSC. The Stata 5 and Stata 6 versions are described as below on my website. The Stata 5 version is very primitive, and was the first program I shared with the Stata community via Statalist, with .ado files dated 1997 and a .hlp file dated 1998. Any further improvements to the package will probably require plugins. More about the -somersd- package can be found in Newson (2002), which can also be downloaded as a pre-publication draft from my website.

Best wishes

Roger

References

Newson R. Parameters behind "nonparametric" statistics: Kendall's tau, Somers' D and median differences. The Stata Journal 2002; 2(1): 45-64. Pre-publication draft downloadable from
http://www.kcl-phs.org.uk/rogernewson/
using either a browser or the Stata -net- command.

package somersd from http://www.kcl-phs.org.uk/rogernewson/stata5

TITLE
somersd: Confidence intervals for Somers' D and Kendall's tau-a

DESCRIPTION/AUTHOR(S)
Roger Newson, King's College London, UK
somersd calculates values of Somers' D or Kendall's tau-a for the first
variable of varlist as a predictor of each of the other variables in varlist,
with estimates and jackknife variances stored as estimation output.