Re: st: appended tex-tables?

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: appended tex-tables?
Date   Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:48:22 +0000

At 15:40 17/03/04 +0100, Jan Pettersson wrote:
Dear all!

I would like to use -outtex- to present regression results in a tex table.
However, I have four regressions that I would like to append horisontically,
as when using -outreg, append-, and outtex does not allow for this. Since
cutting and pasting in tex-tables is fairly cumbersome, I guess the
alternative is to use parmest and then make a tex-table from that output.
However, in this case, one would need some labour in order to get, say,
standard errors in parenthesis, and to appear below coefficient estimates.
The latest version of the -listtex- package has -appendto()- and -handle()- options, allowing it to append regressions in -parmest- outputs. (And don't forget the -dsconcat- command, which appends Stata data sets.) However, if you want your TeX tables to have multiple rows per estimated parameter, then the best way is probably to use -reshape, long- to reformat the dataset, -sdecode- to convert the estimate/standard error variable to string, and -replace- to add parentheses.

The -listtex-, -dsconcat- and -sdecode- packages are all downloadable from SSC, and also from my website (see below), where you can also find a pre-publication draft of Newson (2003), which documents these and other packages, and their use with -reshape-, in case you do not already have a copy.

I hope this helps.

Roger