st: parmest

From   TEWODAJ MOGUES <[email protected]>
To   Stata _ <[email protected]>
Subject   st: parmest
Date   Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:03:28 -0600

Hello Roger Newson
Thanks for your message on parmest. I have Stata 7. I downloaded the parmest file from your website, but it seems to be an ado file. So I guess there's no way for me to type in the parmest command from the interactive mode in Stata, using the options such as escal emac and avec? I have to run the ado file for stata to create a dataset with not only the parameters etc but also other tests? I looked in the stata search for parmest, and among the options listed were not the options escal, emac and avec.
Thanks,
Tewodaj

Message: 16
   Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:57:25 +0000
   From: Roger Newson <[email protected]>
Subject: st: Re: getting output in a decent table (not text) format

At 11:39 16/03/04 +0000, I wrote:

>Tewodaj doesn't say what version of Stata is being used here. However,
>-parmest- in Stata 7 and 8 has -escal()-, -emac()- and -evec()- options,
>which allow the user to save estimation results other than estimates,
>standard errors, confidence limits and P-values.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the Stata 6 -parmest- also has these
options (although the Stata 5 -parmest- doesn't). Also, if you type

findit enduser

inside Stata, then you will find a pre-publication draft of a Stata Journal
article "Confidence intervals and p-values for delivery to the end user"
about preparing Stata results for publication and presentation, including a
Microsoft Word compatible form of table using -listtex-.

I hope this helps.

Roger

Tewodaj Mogues
Dept. of Agricultural and Applied Economics
University of Wisconsin - Madison
427 Lorch St. #317, Taylor Hall
Madison, WI 53706