Re: st: wrapping in graph title options

From   "Neil Shephard" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: wrapping in graph title options
Date   Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:23:21 +0000

> I have a box plot to which I would like to add an explanatory note at
> the bottom.  The note is 27 words long which means it would need to
> wrap onto more than one text line.  I've tried using both note and
> caption under title_options, first with syntax, then with the
> drop-down menus.  Both seem to allow only a single line of text; I
> can't find a way to make either one wrap onto the next line.  I've
> also looked through the Stata graphics manual and Larry Hamilton's
> "Statistics with Stata 8" and can't find anything there either.

You can "wrap" text in title in the following manner....

[graph command], [other options] title("The quick brown fox" "jumped over the lazy
dog")

By encapsulating text in separate sets of double quotes Stata places them on separate
lines.

HTH's

Neil
Neil Shephard
Genetics Statistician
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester

"Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it
were so it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's
logic" - Tweedledee (Alice Through the Looking Glass)