st: Oaxaca-Ransom decompostions

From   "Joanne K Lindley" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Oaxaca-Ransom decompostions
Date   Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:43:25 -0000

I am trying to generate Oaxaca-Ransom decompostions for
white/non-white employment. I have estimated employment
probabilities using a probit (ie P(BX) for whites (w) and non-whites
(N) separately). I have also generated an Oaxaca-Ransom
weighting matrix to derive the non-discriminatory coefficients (B*).
I'm now having problems generating the predicted probits for whites
and non-whites using the non-discriminatory coefficients ie P(B*X).

Does anyone know how to generate the predicted values: B*X? I
guess these could be turned into predicted probabilities using gen
probs=norm(predicted).

Thanks
Jo Lindley

Dr Joanne Lindley, Research Fellow

Cathie Marsh Centre for Census and Survey Research
Faculty of Social Sciences and Law
University of Manchester
Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL
Room GN10, Tel: 0161 2754269