st: RE: chitesti -- latest version -- findit

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: chitesti -- latest version -- findit
Date   Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:04:51 -0000

Sorry, you are out of luck.

1. -chitesti.ado- and -chitest.ado- were
rewritten by me at nearly midnight local
time on 11 March 2004. I regret that other
demands on my time, including sleep, mean
that I have not yet forwarded those files
to Kit Baum for inclusion in SSC. In turn
there will be a delay until Kit finds time
to put them up in the package -tab_chi-
on SSC.

2. The version you quote, in an earlier version
of the package on the Stata Corp website, is
for Stata 6, but will not be further updated by me.

User-programmers must make their own decisions
about maintaining multiple versions of programs.
For example, if I rewrite something for Stata 8
that previously would work under an earlier
version, either the earlier version remains
accessible in a different place or the earlier
version is renamed so that it remains accessible
to users of versions < 8. However, that earlier version
is then frozen henceforth. More generally, I write
Stata programs for the current version and put some
of them in the public domain, but I have no assistance,
no funding, no resources and no time available to justify
_maintaining_ versions of older programs for people
using earlier versions of Stata. Even if each individual
change is trivial, the total burden would be too much.

Hence you are stuck until you update to Stata 8,
unless you copy the Stata 6 programs and change all the
-gen- of numeric variables to -gen double-, which
you are most free to do.