RE: st: forcing variables into a stepwise logistic regression

From   "Vincenzo Verardi" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: forcing variables into a stepwise logistic regression
Date   Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:29:22 -0400

Hello, try:

sw logistic mort30 (var1 var2) varX, lockterm1

hope this helps

Vincenzo

From: "Cram, Peter" <[email protected]>
To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
Subject: st: forcing variables into a stepwise logistic regression
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:40:21 -0600

Dear Statalist,

using the command:

sw logistic mort30 var1 var2 varX, i can perform stepwise logistic
regression.

i can insure that var1 is included in my final model by doing:
sw logistic mort30 var1 var2 varX, lockterm1

but if i want to force both var1 and var2 into my model, the sw command does
not seem to allow this (e.g.
sw logistic mort30 var1 var2 varX, lockterm1 lockterm2

gives an error message.

how can i force both var1 and var2 into my model and still do a stepwise
regression.

thanks,

pete
*