st: Problems with graphing in Stata 8

From   Donald Spady <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Problems with graphing in Stata 8
Date   Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:33:16 -0700

when I plot twoway (scatter HbL HbH if sex==1) (scatter HbL HbH if sex==2) I expect to get an overlaid plot with corresponding HbL & HbH having one symbol if sex==1 and another symbol if sex == 2. I get different symbols, but in the legend box I get a blue diamond signifying HbL and a brown diamond signifying HbL. That's right, both signify HbL and neither one signifies sex, which I expected. What is going on? What am I doing (or interpreting) wrong?
Many thanks.

Donald Spady

Department of Pediatrics
2C3.92 WMC, University of Alberta