RE: st: help log linear

From   "Vincenzo Verardi" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: help log linear
Date   Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:10:47 -0400

Hello, I'm not shure if I understood properly the question but I would do:

1) run the regression lny=xb

the I would type the command

predict lnyhat, xb

2) I would then exponentiate my result generating a new variable

gen ypred=exp(lnyhat)

I would then have the predicted y.

3) For the regression without the constant, I would type:

reg lny x, noconst

I hope this helps

regards

Vincenzo

P.S. if it is a log-lin regression with an explanotary dummy variable, take care on how to read the coefficient associated to the dummy (exp(beta)-1).