st: Smaller -tabplot- graphs, how?

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Smaller -tabplot- graphs, how?
Date   Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:36:56 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

Many thanks to Nick Cox for his fine -tabplot- package. -tabplot-
produces very large graphs when the number of observations is high. I
created a -tabplot- graph with 2 x 5 categories, similar to this
example from the auto data:

. tabplot foreign rep78

With more than 6600 observations the graph takes a long time to draw
and when it is exported to EMF format the resulting file has a size
of 1.9 MB.

Can the data be reduced so that -tabplot- has to handle fewer
observations? I tried different approaches with -collapse- but have
not succeeded. Please note that I would like to include the number of
observations per category in the graph, as shown in the -tabplot-
help file.

Thank you,

Friedrich Huebler