RE: Re: st: Is Stata used for spatial statistics/GIS?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Re: st: Is Stata used for spatial statistics/GIS?
Date   Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:29:18 -0000

. findit moran

points to Stata solutions, as also does

. findit spatial

recommended earlier by Laurel Copeland.

However, when you talk of Moran's I,
not all programs calculate exactly the
same thing.

-spautoc- calculates a single measure,
while -spatcorr- (M. Pisati) calculates
a correlogram.

Many observations could be a problem
for programs based on the use of Stata's
matrix functions, depending partly on
what version of Stata you are using. -spatcorr-
uses them; -spautoc- doesn't.

Liv Osland