Re: st: data management

From   "R.E. De Hoyos" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: data management
Date   Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:15:30 -0000

Anuja,

For exporting results (tables) to excel of word see the previous statalist
question named "saving table results" (check Friederich's answer).

Richard already answer the second question.

Your third question:
3) I am using weights:
so generally I write

tabstat variable [aweight=weight] by variable....

Is there any way I can use weights without including
it in the tabstat command? I want to run a bunch of
summary table, would like to use weights for all of
them.

Try the svy commands (help -svy-). You can set different weights
using -svyset- and once you've done this Stata will use them as long as you
use the prefix -svy- with other valid commands. For example you can
use -svytab- or -svysum- and it will give you two-way tables and summary
statistics of survey data (or other type needing re-weighting) respectively.

Best,
Rafa

R.E. De Hoyos
Department of Applied Economics