st: RE: Three-dimensional graphs

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Three-dimensional graphs
Date   Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:28:55 -0000

I'm guessing you want perspective and/or contour plots
of data points and/or surfaces in 3D; not what
has been called pseudo-3D, such as three-dimensional
bars, cones, pies, whatever, etc.

In short, the answer is No -- at least not in
Stata 8 and that I know about.

There are some unofficial programs to
do this in oldstyle -graph7-. Don't be
confused by the fact that one is by the
President of StataCorp. They are still
unofficial.

In increasing order of uncertainty:

1. Similar plots are on many users' wishlists.

2. They are known to be on StataCorp's to do
list.

3. It isn't known when they will appear. It
could be imminent; it could be a year or two.
(Also, StataCorp rarely comment on timetables
unless something is just about to appear.)

de la Garza, Adrian

> I am estimating a parametric model and would like to know if
> Stata does
> 3-dimensional graphs. I haven't been able to find anything in the
> manual. Any hints would be very helpful...

<<winmail.dat>>