Re: st: -update ado, in_chunks-

To   [email protected], <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: -update ado, in_chunks-
Date   Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:32:22 -0500

You can download manually. See http://www.stata.com/support/updates/stata8.html

At 08:12 PM 2/16/2004 -0500, Renzo Comolli wrote:

Dears,

I never had problems updating ado before because I keep my machine
up-to-date, but now I bought a new computer and I don't seem to be able to
update them because either it times out (I did -set timeout2 32000,
permanently-) or the connection breaks for some other reason before the
download is completed. For some reason the files downloaded are discarded
rather than kept so it starts all over again.

Is there a way to update the ado's in chunks? I don't know, letter by
letter, or date by date.

I managed, after many trials, to update the executable, so I am fine with
that.

Thank you.
Renzo Comolli

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463