Re: st: GET SAMPLES IN STATA

From   Joseph Coveney <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: GET SAMPLES IN STATA
Date   Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:17:25 +0900

I forgot to mention that -<command> if !training- conveniently uses your
holdout sample after you've finished with the training.  So, the command
stream  would be:

set seed <seed>
generate byte training = uniform() < 0.33
<command> if training
*
* then, to use the holdouts after stepwise regression or whatever
*
<command> if !training
*
* or
*
<command> if ~training

Joseph Coveney

I wrote:

>You can flag training samples by -generate byte training = (uniform() <
X)-,