st: RE: Goldfeldt-Quant versus -hettest-

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Goldfeldt-Quant versus -hettest-
Date   Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:58:14 -0000

A Google on "Goldfeld-Quandt Stata" [sic] throws
up various recipes to try at home.

Not your question, but I'll put in a plug for
a user-written plot program called -rdplot-.

It's no doubt eccentric, but given a choice
I'd always choose a purpose-driven graph over
a test statistic with P-value. Of course, you
can have both.

Richard Williams