RE: st: winmail.dat

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: winmail.dat
Date   Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:00:37 -0000

winmail.dat files can be attached by MS Outlook
to postings even if you think you have set your
postings Plain Text, which is my invariable (conscious)
setting.

They show up in the Statalist archives as unreadable
rubbish, but they are not, I believe, visible to
MS Outlook users on receipt, because MS Outlook
(and little else) knows how to deal with them.

I don't know why they are being attached to
some of my postings. I apologise again, and
am looking further into the matter.

This, for example, is being sent "Plain text".