Re: st: Graph linewidth & linecolor

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Graph linewidth & linecolor
Date   Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:56:02 -0600

Hudes, Estie <[email protected]> is having trouble with -graph- options
while using -roccomp-:

> 	Hi,
>
> 	I'm having problems controlling the color and width of lines in an
> ROC graph. The code I'm using is below, which results in an ROC graph with
> four lines. Despite my command to use 'vthin' lines and the color black, two
> of the lines (those for 'tsb1z' and 'tb1z_ris8e') are very fat and in color.
> I believe the 'msymbol' command works ok, tho it is hard to see due to the
> width and color of the lines. - Also, there's no way to import this into an
> MSWord document other than to save it as a wmf document, correct? Which
> seems to preclude any editing from within the Word document......
>
> 	Here's the code:
>
> 	roccomp tbge20ge48 biliris8e tsb1z tb1pct_lt48 tb1z_ris8e if los <48
> & fsttbage <48, graph msymbol (O D T X) clwidth (vthin vthin vthin vthin)
> clcolor (black black black black) norefline legend ( label(1 "Limited
> bilirubin risk index") label (2 "TSB percentile group") label (3 "TSB
> z-score") label (4 "Z-score combined w/risk index"));

I tried to reproduce Estie's results using a modified example from [R] roc;
however, everything work correctly.  I used the following do-file.

(Note the spaces are on purpose, to reproduce the reported syntax used.)

***** BEGIN: roc.do
clear
webuse ct2
set seed 1234
gen mod4 = 1 + int(6*uniform())

roccomp status mod*, graph                      ///
        msymbol (O D T X Oh)                    ///
        clwidth (vthin vthin vthin vthin)       ///
        clcolor (black black black black)       ///
        norefline
***** END: roc.do

I invite Estie to write directly to tech support ([email protected])
with a short do-file (and small dataset) that reproduces the problem.

--Jeff