st: problems updating Stata for windows

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: problems updating Stata for windows
Date   Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:05:32 +0100

Dear all,

I recently tried to update a PC running Stata 8 (WinME). The PC does not
have an internet connection, so I followed the instructions on
http://www.stata.com/support/updates/stata8/ado . I unzipped the file
ado.zip to C:\temp\ado, started Stata and typed

 - update from C:\temp\ado -

which resulted in the following error message:

file C:\temp\ado\stata.upd not found
C:\temp\ado\ is not a valid update disk
r(601);

I could not find a file called stata.upd anywhere on the PC. Switching the
executable worked fine, though.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Thanks and best wishes,
Eva