st: RE: How to plot the cells of tabi like -catplot-?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: How to plot the cells of tabi like -catplot-?
Date   Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:36:05 -0000

One way to tackle this -- and I think the easiest -- is just
to write a wrapper like this:

program catploti
	version 8
	preserve
	tabi `0'
	catplot bar row col [fw=pop]
end

and to call it like this

catploti 15 8\ 3 47, col chi2 replace

Note: the -replace- is essential.

So there are three steps:

1. -preserve- the data. (A -restore- later is automatic.)

2. Call up -tabi- with whatever arguments were given.

3. Call up -catplot- with the variables produced
by -replace-.

The weakness of this design is how to pass options
to -catplot-. That can be done, with more programming
effort, or if you have favourite defaults you
can just wire them into the wrapper. A percent option
is a case in point.

Or, to put it another way, you could write
two or three wrappers with different behaviour.