RE: st: converting non-integer weights into integer weights

From   Ramani Gunatilaka <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: converting non-integer weights into integer weights
Date   Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:31:52 +0000

Stephen,
Thanks so much for the feedback.
I didn't think of using aweights because they are defined as being inversely proportional to the variance of an observation.
The weights in my data represent the total number of households in the entire population that each particular household represents - probably derived as some fraction of the entire population.
The two are not equivalent, are they?
That's why I thought of using fweights. I was following Kieran's suggestion when I got your mail. I'd appreciate your comments on this, if it is not too much trouble.
Ramani