Re: st: Using _diparm

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Using _diparm
Date   Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:25:29 -0600

Thomas Cornelissen <[email protected]> asks about using the programmers utility
-_diparm-:

> I want to use -_diparm- in the context of an estimation using -ml-.
> Having defined a program 'myll' that calculates my maximum likelihood
> values, my do-file reads:
>
> ml model lf myll (b: y_observ = x) /logse;
> _diparm /logse, exp prob;
> ml maximize;
>
> However -_diparm- is answered with an error message, saying  'equation
> [/logse] not found'.
> I tried to specify -logse:_cons- instead of -/logse- but it was the same.
>
> I wonder whether it is possible to use -_diparm- in a do-file as I did,
> because it is a programmer's command.
> Can anybody give me a hint about the right syntax and about where to place
> the command?

-_diparm- may only be called after the model is fit, and the slash "/" is not
allowed.  Here is a successful permutation of the above example:

	. ml model lf myll (b: y_observ = x) /logse
	. ml maximize
	. _diparm logse, exp prob

--Jeff