st: RE: Reshape problem.

From   "Wallace, John" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Reshape problem.
Date   Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:15:23 -0800

One of the things that reshape can do is "compress" the number of
observations by increasing the number of variables.  It all depends on the
exact implemenation you're using.

For example, if I have a list of 100 observations, consisting of 20
individuals with 5 measurements, I could reshape it into 20 observations
with 5 variables, and still have the same overall information represented in
the data set.  In this case, the i factor of the reshape would be
individual, the j factor would be variable, and the x factor would be
measurement.

It would be easier to help you with more specific descriptions of your data
structure, and the syntax you used to reshape.

Sincerely
John Wallace
Research Associate
Affymetrix, Inc