st: RE: RE: clogit or logistic for matched pairs

From   VISINTAINER PAUL <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: clogit or logistic for matched pairs
Date   Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:01:31 -0500

Title: RE: clogit or logistic for matched pairs

My message should have said that -clogit- WOULDN'T work in the usual sense, because it requires the dependent variable to have at least one discordant pair in every cluster.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of VISINTAINER PAUL
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 1:58 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: st: RE: clogit or logistic for matched pairs

If I understand your description of the study, Michael, you don't have a case-control study, but rather a matched cohort study, (e.g., exposed twin vs. unexposed twin).  -clogit- would work for you in the usual sense, unless you regressed exposure status on disease.  You might want to try -xtlogit- which will take into account the clustering of your independent exposure variable. This will satisfy your need for a conditional approach.   Depending on your data and the covariates you include, you may actually get an outcome that is quite close to -logit- with a robust option.

Paul