RE: st: An Apology

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: An Apology
Date   Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:37:20 -0000

I'll comment on the technical issues alone.

My suggestion was that the program code
should wrap what the user gave in compound
double quotes. It wasn't a suggestion
about what the user is expected to type,
although smart code has to handle the
possibility that a user might input
compound double quotes.

I yield to Jean Marie on whether this
is the right fix in principle and also
possible in practice. To that the answer
appears to be No.