st: RE: click-opening log files

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: click-opening log files
Date   Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:14:33 -0000

adonlan

> Do I misunderstand the basics of the log files?
>   Saving as smlc, click-opening gives a format in word that
> has nonsense-code
> embedded.
>
>   Saving as log opens the log in SAS - not intended!

SMCL is Stata's own mark-up language. There is no
expectation that any other software will understand
it. Microsoft software certainly is not able
to understand it as anything other than a set of
ASCII characters. It's no more nonsense than Stata's
command language, however.

Perhaps you should say what you expected to happen.
Alternatively, you might want to translate your logs
from SMCL to e.g. HTML.