st: RE: SVy commands

From   Lee Sieswerda <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: SVy commands
Date   Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:46:35 -0500

I doubt this has anything to do with the way you've specified your -svy-
variables.

If the error is "too few vars", you have probably attempted a univariate
tabulation. You can't do that with -svytab-, as clearly indicated in the
help file. Instead create a constant like:
gen dum = 1
and use it as the second variable (e.g., svytab x dum)

If the error is "too many values", then the variable you are trying to
tabulate has too many values to make into a reasonably-sized table. You are
probably trying to tabulate a continuous variable or a string variable with
a lot of different responses. The same will happen if you try -tabulate-.
The solution is to reduce the number of unique values.

Regards,
Lee

Lee Sieswerda, Epidemiologist
Thunder Bay District Health Unit