st: RE: RE: Making bar charts readable in a grayscale photocopy.

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Making bar charts readable in a grayscale photocopy.
Date   Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:04:11 -0000

This is a much-asked question -- several threads
already on this list in 2003 -- and one that has
proved contentious, chiefly from those who insist on
asking "How far is that a good idea?" and from
those who say "Grumble how you like, this is
a standard graph in my branch of science".
(Don't trust the summary; seek out the threads.)

But the Stata side is simple.

In broad terms, you need something like

. twoway bar ... || rcap ...

-cibplot- on SSC is one implementation. It's unlikely
to be exactly what you want.

-graph bar- or -graph hbar- is a dead end for
this purpose.

Daniel R Sabath