RE: st: RE: Stata's logistic vs. SAS CATMOD WLS model.

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: Stata's logistic vs. SAS CATMOD WLS model.
Date   Fri, 24 Oct 2003 07:24:27 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you very much Paul. It seems to me that this
model is telling me the same as my original model but
in a more convoluted way. In my original logistic
model I included the before measurement as a RHS
variable and the after measurement as the outcome. In
that model -intervention- was significant which I
interpreted as the intervention has an effect on the
outcome. In this new model -intervention- is not
significant, however the -intervention*time- is, but
the conclusion is the same. Is this correct, or am I
missing something?

I really appreciate your time and your help.
Best,
Ricardo.

--- VISINTAINER PAUL <[email protected]>

-------------+--------------------------------------------------------------
> --
>         time |   .0800427   .1964444     0.41
> 0.684
>   -.3049812    .4650666
> intervention |  -.3672695   .2872475    -1.28
> 0.201
>   -.9302643    .1957252
>           it |   1.075455   .3101891     3.47
> 0.001
>    .4674952    1.683414
>        _cons |  -.0800427   .2006625    -0.40
> 0.690
>   -.4733339    .3132485

> --
>
> Which is not exactly what SAS produces, but like
> SAS,
> it gives a significant interaction and a
> non-significant intervention effect. How do I
> interpret the interaction in this context?
>
> Thank you again,
> Ricardo.
>

> --- VISINTAINER PAUL <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > I haven't' tried this, but I think it will work.
> >
> > Set up your data as:
> >
> > Meter usage:  0 - no, 1 - yes
> > Time:	0 pre, 1 is post
> > Intervention: 0 - no; 1 yes
> >
> >      	   meter      time        intervn   id
> >   1.         0          1          1 	1
> >   2.         0          0          0	1
> >   3.         0          1          0	2
> >   4.         1          0          0	2
> >
> > 		 . . . etc.
> >
> > Then, use either xtlogit or logit with
> cluster(id).
> > You can generate an
> > interaction term between intervention and time.
> > Something like:
> >
> > .gen it = intern*time
> > .logit meter time intervention it, cluster(id)
> >

> > Paul Visintainer

=== message truncated ===

=====
Ricardo Ovaldia, MS