st: Re: Cluster Analysis

From   "Janet Noble" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Cluster Analysis
Date   Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:45:42 +0000

I have inherited a dataset consisting of 40 variables (binary, categorical and continuous) which may be diagnostic predictors of the state of a tumour. I was going to use cluster analysis using Gower's coefficient of similarity (Cluster Analysis, Everitt et al) to find which variables best predict the tumour state but this does not appear to be implemented in Stata 8. Is there any other coefficicient or a completely different analysis I could use in Stata. I really do not want to buy another statistical package but I will if I have to.
Many thanks,
Janet

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

*